May 30, 2018
Email Best Practices for Mobile Success
Starting a new marketing platform or updating your assets can be a little overwhelming. In this article, we’ll share some valuable facts and recommendations to help you on your way.
- Keep it simple. Lay the groundwork, then build it up.
- Be open to changing your approach and process. Just because “we’ve always done it this way”, doesn’t mean it’s the best way!
- “Less is more” - Be direct! Don't forget to trim down that text. No one has time, nor wants to read more than 2-3 lines of text.
Here are the top things to keep in mind when it comes to your emails:
Send Better Email
- Use Responsive or Mobile - Optimized email
- Simplify your layout
- Limit to 1-3 main, bold “Call to Actions” per email
- If you have too much content, create another -unique delivery
- Keep email verbiage short and concise!
1. More email is read on Mobile than on desktop.
– Litmus, “The 2017 Email Client Market Share” (Jan 2018)
2. If an email does not display correctly, 71.2% will delete it immediately. 16.3% will unsubscribe all together!
— BlueHornet, “Consumer Views of Email Marketing” (2014)
3. Respondents are split about the most annoying aspect of reading emails on smartphones.
- US Report ,“Email Use 2017” (2018)
4. Majority of mobile activity is on an iOS device.
— Litmus, Email Analytics (March 2016)
a. The iPhone : 60%
b. Apple iPad : 21%
c. Google Android: 18%
5. Users on ios devices view email the fastest; most “glance” 0-3 seconds.
Remember… your email is NOT “the party;" It’s merely an invitation to the party.
-written by Rick Boyer, Web Designer, FanOne Marketing Automation