Jan 17, 2020
Get Excited for PACnet ‘20 Bigger and Better Than Ever
Buckle your seatbelts as we drive top-speed toward innovation!
The countdown is on! We have switched things up and worked hard to make this year bigger and better than ever!
SUNDAY POOLSIDE WELCOME RECEPTION
BRAND NEW LOCATION!
Kick off PACnet ’20 in true Newport Beach style with a Poolside Welcome Reception at sunset. Enjoy free drinks and hors d’oeuvres by the pool, get reacquainted with your colleagues and interact with partners while the sun sets over Newport Beach.
MONDAY is Major
Shake off those travel kinks with a PACnut 5k Run at 6:30 am and get your blood flowing so you’re bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for an amazing day of content!
Monday morning's Keynote with President and CEO Kim Damron starts off the day discussing the state of the community, industry trends, success stories, and product roadmap highlights. Hear from CTO Keith White and Paciolan leadership about Paciolan’s innovative vision for the future.
Of course, it wouldn’t be PACnet without an In N Out Truck! Eat like a local while you enjoy this legendary burger outdoors before heading inside to hear from our amazing community.
After lunch kick off the conference sessions with insights into leadership and innovation before diving into Tuesday’s tactical break-out sessions.
In the Leadership Track, we’ve tapped some of our community's most successful leaders to share insights on their career paths and thoughts on leadership. In Rising Through The Ranks Dennis Dodd (CBS) will moderate a panel with Drew Martin (University of Texas), Scott Wetherbee (Eastern Michigan University), Garrett Klassy (University of Nebraska), and Travis Dabney (12th Man Foundation) to look back on their early years to discuss the path they took to achieve their senior leadership positions.
CEO Kim Damron will also be moderating a panel on Leading Through Change to discuss the most effective ways to navigate transitions. Addressing how change, while challenging, can strengthen your organization in the long run and create a competitive advantage when effectively managed. For those looking for more mentorship advice Secrets of Successful Leaders will pull from its panel’s collective expertise to share secrets for success, tips for career growth, and lessons learned throughout their careers.
Our new Innovation Track will focus on strategies and technologies that can help make sure you're prepared to take advantage of future opportunities. The Innovation Strategy session is a chance to hear from thought-leading companies and organizations about how they use a culture of innovation to drive growth. Hear from Google, Tailgate Guys, FanDuel, and CLEAR about how they have embraced change and empowered their teams to look forward.
In Innovation That Will Revolutionize our Business join our VP of Product EJ Liao to discuss new technologies that provide ways to engage with fans and reinvent the fan experience. Data Innovation, led by our CTO Keith White, will look at how to best take advantage of the data that you have been accumulating so you can get the best value.
Shake off the day and Wang Chung Tonight! It's PACfest 80’s Style! Bring your 80s best and get ready to join us for a funky fresh evening of networking, food, a candy bar, and drinks as we time travel to the 80s in honor of Paciolan's 40th Anniversary! Rock your totally rad '80s threads for a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards for the 80s costume contest. There will be entertainment to the max with live 80s jams by Knyght Ryder. You most definitely won't want to miss our phat PACfest this year! It's going to be schweet!
Let's Talk About TUESDAY
Spin off those cobwebs to get your engine running before a full day of sessions with a 45 min class at the Fashion Island Soul Cycle. Emerge feeling energized, and ready to take on the amazing sessions ahead of you.
Start the morning celebrating your colleague’s successes at the PACnet ’20 Star Awards and find out who the community chose as the winners! With great nominees and a record-breaking number of votes the race this year was very close in all categories. To entice you after a PACfest filled night, we will also be giving away some prizes – but you must be present to win! Come and cheer on your peers and congratulate the Star Awards winners!
Tuesday's break-out sessions let you focus on the topics that are the most relevant to your role. The Executive/Visions Trackfocuses on big picture ideas while the PAClive Platform Track will review how to best utilize product functionality. The How To - Best Practices, Marketing/Sales and Fundraising Tracks provide opportunities to hear from the community and share best practices. Additionally, a new Mobile Track will look at the challenges and opportunities as fans begin to transition from 'mobile first' to 'mobile only'.
- Growing Your Donor Base will discuss the challenges of acquiring new donors and discuss techniques and technologies that help create compelling donation campaigns.
- Health of the Season Ticket & Unique Ways to Offer Consumer Choices looks at how Season Tickets, Mini plans and Flex Passes work together to meet customer demand, while filling your venue despite a constantly shifting environment.
- Innovative Strategies and Techniques for Digital Marketing let's you listen to Google’s Katie Thompson, Joe Mulford (CAL) and PAC Digital Marketing Strategist Leah Baumgartner talk about all the new digital marketing opportunities.
- Fan Experience for the Instant Gratification Generation reviews how to meet customer preferences and expectations to make sure that you are giving the best support experience for your fans
- Mobile-Only Thinking tackles the benefits and challenges in shifting your approach to focus on the mobile experience as fan continue to consumer more and more of their content on smart phones and tablets.
After a Taco Tuesday lunch on the beautiful outdoor patio, listen to Jon Gordon share his inspirational insights on developing positive leaders, organizations, and teams. Wrap up the day with entertaining Roundtable discussions that are designed to give you a chance to problem solve with your peers while enjoying a beer in a fun game show environment.
Celebrate at the end of the day by joining us for a festive night out at RED O, a Newport Beach favorite with cocktails, Mexican appetizers, and networking with your peers.
It’s a BIG WEDNESDAY
Don’t miss out on all that Wednesday has to offer! Hear more from experts in our community during the morning sessions. We'll continue with more great content from the Executive/Visions, PAClive Platform, How To - Best Practices, Marketing/Sales and Fundraising Tracks as well adding in a Ticketing Track to discuss innovative ticketing opportunities.
- Revenue Optimization: Yield Management vs. Brand Protection - Join us for an interactive discussion and collaborate on ideas on how to strategize/plan while maintaining brand equity when your season isn’t going as well as planned.
- Building a Brand and Elevating the On-Site or In-Venue Experience to Drive Attendance - Hear how leading institutions are encouraging attendance by creating unique and unmatched experiences at the venue or on gameday to provide an incredible experience, drive attendance and elevate ticket sales.
- Cutting Through Data to Get Insights. Join us as we show how our new Data Platform can help automate data discovery and provide Fundraising insights.
- Automation, Salesforce, Digital Marketing and the Customer Journey - Learn from your peers and experts on how to efficiently utilize all of the Paciolan marketing tools available to you throughout the entire customer journey.
- Building Your Personal Brand - On social, in person or in the industry your brand reflects your persona and offers both you and your organization business opportunities. Discuss how to continue to build and grow your personal brand to realize future opportunities.
Close out the conference with an emotional keynote from Jake Olson who was diagnosed with a rare form of eye cancer as a child and made history as the first one hundred percent blind player to snap in a college football game during USC's game against Western Michigan on September 2nd, 2017. Hear more about his inspirational outlook and how his close relationship with USC Football helped him in trying times.
POST PACnet TRAINING – NOW FREE!
Stay with us just a little bit longer and take advantage of our intensive hands-on training courses to improve your skills and learn with your peers. Free for the first time this year!
We will be offering our PAC Mail and Marketing Automation courses on Wednesday afternoon, as well as brand new Salesforce CRM and Evenue courses where you can spend some hands-on time with our experts to review advanced features and best practices. Join us on Thursday for an All-Day Back to Basics Training to take a deep dive to learn the "nuts and bolts" of the Paciolan ticket system. Topics will include facility manifests, building the events and putting them on sale, creating price types, promo codes, selling controls, ticket print formats, and more!