July 11, 2019
YouTube TrueView Ads
Why pay if no one is watching? With YouTube’s TrueView, advertisers are only charged when fans engage with their ads. This makes TrueView ads a great vehicle to fuel your marketing funnel. Deliver compelling content to an interested audience while not paying for unwanted views.
YouTube's TrueView ads fall into two categories, In-Stream Ads and Discovery ads.
In-Stream Ads run before, during, or after videos on YouTube or on video partner sites and apps. They give viewers the option to skip the ad after 5 seconds.
You only pay when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds) or interacts with your video, whichever comes first.
Discovery Ads appear in places where viewers discover content, like on YouTube search results, next to related videos and on the YouTube mobile homepage.
You only pay when users click to view your video.
- Create awareness and hype around on-sales
- Build a retargeting audience and get viewers into your marketing funnel
- Promote special games and events (Home Openers, Rivalry Match-ups, Homecoming etc.)
- Complement your display campaign creative
- Find new fans and engage a broader audience
- Take advantage of free impressions before viewers can skip
- 15-30 second ads recommended, 3 minutes max
- 2-3 week campaign flights, 6 week max to avoid fatigue
- Call to action and hook in first 5 seconds before skip option
- Focus on impressions, views and subscribers
What You Need
- Video: link to video uploaded on YouTube
- Must be listed as public or unlisted
- Must allow embedding
- Display & landing page URL
- Headline: 25 characters
- Description (not visible on all placements): 35 characters
Contact your Marketing Service Representative or email us for more information on getting started with YouTube TrueView Video Ads.