1. Information We Collect
Information You Give Us.
When you interact with our Platform, you may choose to provide information that could reasonably be used to identify you specifically (“Personal Information”), such as your contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number), and credit card number. You may also choose to provide information that is demographic, aggregated, or does not otherwise identify you specifically (“Non-Personal Information”), such as your gender, ZIP/postal code, or other information when that information is not used with Personal Information.
Information We Automatically Collect or Receive When You Use Our Platform.
Whenever you interact with our Platform, we as well as any of our third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Platforms are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, among other things:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your geographic location (if you consent to that) (for example, when you check-in or walk-in to a location); which may be collected using various technologies such as Wi-Fi, GPS or Bluetooth, while you are actively using the Platform and/ or while the Platform is running in the background of your Device;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Platform;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Platform
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages sent by us, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
Usage Information does not typically identify you (and thus we treat it as Non-Personal Information), but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
In the course of collecting Usage Information, we may also automatically collect your IP address, Wi-Fi MAC address, Bluetooth MAC address, or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Platform.
A Device Identifier could also be a randomly-generated group of numbers and letters that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers.
When you visit the Platform, we may collect your Device Identifier. A Device Identifier does not typically identify you, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Platform. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional, useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of web browsers. For more information on advertising using cookies and how to opt-out of advertising cookies specifically, please see Targeted Advertising below.
Location-Based Services and Related Technologies.
We may use additional methods to collect information about you when you are physically visiting one of our events or venues, based on presence location data gleaned from a mobile Device you have registered with us.
The Platform may use geolocation and location presence awareness technology and functionality that is intended to make the Platform useful at the particular location it is being used. For example, the Platform may offer event-specific promotions, content and services based on your presence at a particular event. To offer those benefits, we must of course be able to determine that the Platform is being used in a particular venue. To do that, we may use your Device’s GPS capabilities, or the signal of our BLE presence technology devices (or another geolocation or presence technology) which are located in various locations. Those devices and technologies broadcast signals that can be received by a mobile Device on which the Platform is used or installed. When the mobile Device receives such geolocation signals, if consent has been provided to receive notifications or messages from the Platform, we may send you a message or other information through the Platform.
Information From Other Sources.
We may receive additional information about you from other sources and may combine that information with the other information we collect or receive about you. For example:
- The Platform may enable you to sign in using your username or other identifier from another Internet service, such as Google or Facebook. This other Internet service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain information with us, such as your name or email address;
- We may receive information from you off-line, such as when you participate in Paciolan-sponsored events;
- We may receive information about you from our “affiliates,” which are entities that are legally part of the same group of companies that Paciolan is part of, or that become part of that group;
- If you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from Paciolan, that website will forward to us your e-mail address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested; and
- We may receive information from third-party partners and service providers, including partners and service providers that provide us information that is publicly or commercially available.
We may match the information we collect about you through the Platforms with information collected from such third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and/or to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.